Why the Health Care Summit, and why now?
Bridging the inequality gap through innovation
NOVEMBER 21-22 - AMSTERDAM
The Early Bird discount ends in
Health and health care have made exponential progress over the course of a century. But inequalities are still rife. While statistically we enjoy much longer lifespans and better health, disparities in health outcomes in the world but also within the EU are important.
Many factors can affect the health of people and lead to inequalities, like where we live, what we eat, genetics, education or social integration.
- How can policy-makers, health professionals, tech leaders, patients and all stakeholders help bridge the gap?
- What are the recent innovations – be they digital or not – in health care and do they reduce or reproduce inequalities?
- Is universal health coverage a lofty dream or an objective we cannot but work towards achieving soon?
- What can be done to address the systemic causes of health inequities?
- To what extend and under which conditions can big data and digitalization contribute to identifying and tackling inequalities and determinants of health?
On November 21-22, a couple of month after the first-ever High-Level Meeting on Universal Health Coverage (UHC) is taking place during the UN General Assembly, POLITICO is bringing the Annual Health Care Summit to Amsterdam — a world-renowned life science innovation center and the new home of the European Medicines Agency — for what will be its fourth successful edition. We’ll gather the industry’s top minds together with key policymakers, scientists, business leaders and patient representatives to debate on the policy and cooperative innovations to better public health for the whole of society.
Check out POLITICO’s
Health Care coverage
Johnson & Johnson
Alliance for Natural Health International
With the support of
GET INVOLVED IN THE 2019 EDITION
2019 SPEAKERS INCLUDE
Chief Medical Officer, Philips
Yann Le Cam
Chief Executive Officer,
Senior Advisor Responsible Investment,
IP Attaché for the EU and European Commission,
United States Patent and Trademark Office