8:25 AM – 8:30 AM: Welcome from POLITICO
8:30 AM – 8:50 AM: Opening interview and Q&A: Solidarity in action with Secretary-General Angel Gurría, Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development
Moderator: Jakob Hanke Vela, reporter, POLITICO
9:00 AM – 9:30 AM: Joint interview and Q&A with Swedish Minister for Foreign Trade and Nordic Affairs Anna Hallberg and Polish Minister of Finance Tadeusz Kościński
Moderator: Barbara Moens, reporter, POLITICO
9:40 AM – 10:25 AM: Panel discussion – Deepening the Single Market: Is Europe up for the challenge?
- What are the single market challenges and opportunities that the COVID-19 outbreak has unveiled?
- Is the idea of deepening the single market impossible, given the political and economic implications?
- How can Europe ensure that the single market keeps up with the times?
- What work needs to be done to improve a single market for capital, digital, and energy to improve competitiveness?
Moderator: Paola Tamma, reporter, POLITICO
- Gwenole Cozigou, director for sustainable industry and mobility, DG GROW, European Commission
- Petra De Sutter, MEP (Belgium, Greens/EFA), chair of the committee on internal market and consumer protection
- Christoph Leitl, president, EUROCHAMBRES
- Tommaso Valletti, head of the department of economics and public policy, Imperial College London