GLOBAL PUBLIC AFFAIRS FORUM
2019 EU elections, Brexit, transparency registers… how to navigate new geopolitical and regulatory resets
September 28, 2018 | Paris
WELCOME TO THE GLOBAL PUBLIC AFFAIRS FORUM
As the world is going through a major geopolitical reset, the role of Heads of Public Affairs is increasingly strategic and essential to represent a company’s interests and ensure its competitiveness at all times.
Trump’s trade war, US-Russia tensions, improved relations between North and South Korea, Brexit negotiations, a migration crisis, a series of elections in Europe, Italy’s political and constitutional turmoil… 2018 international scene has been highly volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous (VUCA). More than ever, you are at the front line to help your organisation anticipate, navigate and shape its external environment at national, european and international levels.
In a Post-Brexit context in which the Paris-Brussels-Berlin axis is trying to drive the EU agenda ahead of the 2019 EU elections, how do you adapt your european influence strategies across all your stakeholders?
To benchmark new approaches to lobbying, review the latest advocacy methodologies in the digital era and share best practices on how to measure your department’s contribution to business, we have designed an international forum that will feature inspirational keynote speeches, thought-provoking debates, and unique networking opportunities.
This full-day event, on September 28, 2018 in Paris, is the main highlight of our newly-launched Global Public Affairs Club* (GPAC), a global community exclusively reserved for C-level Public Affairs professionals.
What you need to know to maximise your own expertise
Our innovative event format is a creative process catalyst
Exchange ideas & experiences with peers and broaden your public affairs network
Topic breath and depth, the annual Global Public Affairs Forum is as rigorous as it is rewarding
Your roundtable learning will prepare you for advancement in your career
Managing Editor for Expansion and author of Brussels Playbook
Vice President Corporate Affairs
Wilson Del Socorro
Global Trade, Tax and Regulatory Affairs Director
Dr Petra Laux
Head Global Public Affairs Policy
NOVARTIS PHARMA AG
Eirik Øwre Thorshaug
Director, Group Public and Regulatory Affairs
Government Affairs Director
Head of Global Government Affairs
Head of Public Policy, Head of the European Affairs Office
External Affairs Director
CEO Brussels/Belgium and Chairman of European Public Affairs
Chairman, BULGARIAN COMMISSION FOR PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
Vice-President, EUROPEAN DATA PROTECTION BOARD
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
Hear the latest insights from Europe’s public affairs movers and shakers as well as policy players
ENGAGING EXCHANGES UNDER CHATHAM HOUSE RULE
Be part of a 1-day agenda featuring open discussions
Networking opportunities with industry leaders and stakeholders
WHAT WILL BE DISCUSSED
- The head of public affairs’ role in context: global geopolitical reset and 2019 EU elections
- How do you square the circle: Small team, big responsibilities & long-term objectives
- Paris-Brussels-Berlin axis: the new driving force of the EU?
- Managing a Brexit task force to deal with new measures after March 2019
Grayling is a wholly owned subsidiary of Huntsworth PLC and is an international consultancy expert in Governmental/Public Affairs and Corporate and Public relations.
We have the largest GR/PA network across Europe and have offices across North/South America, Asia, the Middle East and Africa.
Our European GR/PA hub is located in Brussels at the heart of Europe and our network combines some 100 experts who are able to operate at both the national/local as well as the European/international level.
The teams are grouped together under our policy expertise, including (1) Food, Agriculture & Fisheries; (2) Healthcare; (3) Energy & Environment; (4) Digital/ICT; (5) Transport, travel and tourism; (6) Financial Services.
We also have a number of horizontal practices including Brexit, Trade & Competition, Social Media, Coalition & Association Management, and PR for PA.
In November 2016 we were awarded ‘Consultancy of the Year’ at the European Public Affairs Awards.
The Global Public Affairs Club (GPAC) offers you as public affairs professionals the opportunity to:
- Benchmark the best practices in your profession.
- Anticipate public policy trends, digital and data regulation, AI governance and more.
- Access exclusive events on evolving regulations that impact your sector.
- Network with your peers to exchange ideas.
- Understand how to position yourself and your team within your business organization.
- Share relevant insights with your CEO and Executive Committee.
With a team of award winning journalists based in Brussels, London, Paris and Berlin, POLITICO Pro provides fast, distinctive and authoritative policy news coverage of Europe and beyond. Pros depend on us to deepen their knowledge
and do their jobs better.
INTERESTED IN SPONSORSHIP ?
Network with your target like nowhere else and generate leads
Increase your brand visibility through cross-canal communication campaigns
Enhance your ROI thanks to bespoke services and support from a senior advisor
WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT THE EVENT
Pascal Tebibel, Director Institutional Relations, COLAS
Isabelle Leung, Director Public Affairs & Communications, HUAWEI
Laurent Mazille, Director Institutional Relations, TRANSDEV
To join our Global Public Affairs Forum, choose one of these 2 options :
- BECOME A MEMBER of the Global Public Affairs Club (GPAC) and get additional benefits for a 50% discounted rate by June 15, 2018. Among other benefits, you would get :
- A weekly round-up of public affairs covering original reporting on new transparency standards, recent lobbying regulation, risk management…
- Online access to our resource center
- VIP Pass to the POLITICO summit of your choice
Please discover the other benefits on our club website www.gpac.eu and contact our community advisor, Chloé Mimault Talagrand to apply for membership.
- BOOK YOUR SEAT AS A DELEGATE and take advantage of the early registration discounts that are displayed on the right here.
* Registration fee includes access to the whole event, including lunch, networking sessions and any materials distributed on site.
Looking to bring your team to the summit? We offer special group discounts and an easier group registration process.
Just email us at email@example.com for more information.
See you in Paris!