How COVID-19 is changing EU politics and policies
Deepen your expertise with POLITICO insiders
In light of the current situation, we have made all our workshops accessible virtually at a discounted rate.
With all eyes fixated on daily infection figures and breaking news, it is high time for a PRO Intelligence Executive workshop. Let’s take a step back and analyze the medium-to-long term impact the pandemic is having on our economy, EU politics and policies in different areas — ranging from the EU Green Deal to mobility and health. This exclusive workshop offers the chance to address the questions: how is the economic recession due to the pandemic affecting different countries? How is the EU response shaping out, and what will the new work program timeline of the von der Leyen Commission look like, as the coronavirus has delayed its plans and initiatives? The workshop’s intimate setting and the option to take part virtually guarantee a safe and insightful exchange with POLITICO’s experts and industry peers.
Questions to be addressed:
- How has the pandemic shifted political alliances within the EU?
- What do we know so far about the economic impact? How are different countries and sectors affected?
- What was the impact on the work program of the European Commission?
- Will this pandemic lead to new powers for the European Commission in regards to health policies?
WHAT TO EXPECT
Live extension of POLITICO’s
professional policy intelligence services
Interactive group exercises and
Exclusive access to POLITICO’s
experts, with opportunity for Q&A
PROGRAM AND TIMING
8:55 AM – LOGIN VIA ZOOM AND NETWORKING
9:00 AM – Round of introductions and start of the workshop
9:00 AM – The societal and economic impact of COVID-19 and how the EU tried and tries to respond.
- The workshop starts with an analysis of the vast impact the virus has had so far and the EU’s response to this historic health crisis.
- In an interactive session we discuss how the pandemic has changed the way Europe does business and politics.
9:45 AM – EU politics and policy priorities after the virus
- How has the Coronavirus affected the work program of the European Commission, which announced plans have already been delayed, and what is the current status of the initial proposals?
- What concrete policy implications can we see on the front of the green EU recovery and the EU health sector?
10:30 AM – Q&A session with Sarah Wheaton, Senior Health Care Reporter, POLITICO
11:15 AM – END OF THE WORKSHOP
Senior Health Care Reporter,
POLITICO Europe is the leading publication covering the politics and policy of the European Union.
POLITICO Europe is the leading publication covering the politics and policy of the European Union. Our 70+ international newsroom, based in Brussels, London, Berlin, Paris and beyond, are specialized in policy fields ranging from Technology to Cybersecurity, Trade, Competition, Sustainability, Financial Services and more.
The workshops are led by Cornelius Hirsch, POLITICO’s Intelligence analyst and co-founder of pollofpolls.eu, a polling data website acquired and integrated into POLITICO’s polling hub.
Each workshop features a Q&A session with a POLITICO journalist specializing in the topic.