Chinese firms are establishing branches in the EU, e-commerce giant Alibaba is ramping up business with its site in Belgium, key trade ports have changed ownership. The EU is threatened by new tariffs and international trade tensions and fears about unfair competition from the UK after Brexit pose new challenges.
Can the dilemma of having to choose between a functioning competitiveness within the single market or having European Champions, who can stand a chance in a fierce international landscape, be solved? Which sectors will come under pressure next? Is the European model running out of steam?
Ahead of POLITICO’s first ever Competitive Europe summit, join our POLITICO Pro Intelligence Executive Workshop to discuss with industry peers, analyze with our experts what the European Commission plans on competition policies and what the latest global economic trends say.
Half day workshop
Programs and timing
- 14:30 PM Registration and coffee
- 15:00 PM Workshop part 1: Competition, the European model and the international competition dilemma
- 16:40 PM Coffee break
- 17:00 PM Workshop part 2: Geopolitical equals protectionist?
- 18:00 PM Q&A with Thibault Larger, Competition Journalist, POLITICO
- 18:30 PM Networking reception
- 19:30 PM End of the event